Internship – Human Rights TV Channel
GHRD works with partner organisations in Bangladesh, Pakistan, SriLanka, India and Nepal and focuses primarily on minority rights, involving religious minorities (special focus on their women and children) , the LGBT+ community, and ethnic minority groups. More often than not, these ‘categories’ overlap, therefore GHRD aims to represent and spread awareness about each individual case that reaches our desk. As we work in diverse communities and cultural settings, the organisation could benefit from the support of a volunteer/intern who can support the team to deliver great quality work. The team consists of chairman, IT person, regional project coordinator, consultants and interns with expertise in different fields and competencies.
Human Rights TV channel is the news platform desgined for all the human rights related issues and content to be published and higlighted by the channel from all over the world. It is similar to the online news portal such Aljazeera and BBC. In liaison with the respective project leader of Human Rights TV Channel, the volunteer/intern will take the following:
● Assists in programme projects and by reviewing and editing the news reports and contents. We prioritize learning through active methods, and the interns will be expected to think creatively about the methods to support the partner organisations as well as the HR TV Channel.
● Assist the team with logistics for various training and workshops that takes place at the organisation.
● Other responsibilities as assigned by the team.
Required Skills or Qualifications:
● Have a background in Human Rights and journalism.
● Ability to work in a small team and motivated multi-cultural co-workers.
● Excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
● Proficiency in English, with strong reading and writing skills.
● Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including outlook, word, wordpress, excel and powerpoint.
● Intern applicants should be either enrolled in a University program at the time of application or a recent graduate.
● Familiarity with the context and Human Rights based issues in the GHRD partnered countries.
● If you are interested in this position and consider you meeting the requirements, please send in your CV and motivation letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2020.